|Acrylic - Perspex can be supplied in many colours and
finishes. Clear acrylics - perspex are by far the most popular, however,
also available is a full range of colours and tints in solid and semi
opaque. Also available are anti reflective finishes, frosted and pigmented
fluorescent. Acrylics - Perspex can also be sold with a silicate green
edge to give a plate glass effect.
Acrylic can be ordered in several grades including:
Extruded - the most cost effective solution.
Cast - The best mechanical properties for machining and optical clarity.
Impact modified - For increased strength.
Acrylic - Perspex can be ordered in a wide range of thicknesses from 2mm up to 30mm.
The main advantages include:
Other materials that Luminati Waycon will use for fabrication include:
- Half the weight of glass
- Impact resistant
- Unaffected by sun or salt spray
- Temperature range of -30 to 160° F for continuous service
- Good outdoor weathering
- Clear sheet optical clarity better than that of glass
- Easy and cost effective fabrication
- Fully recyclable
- Excellent surface hardness and durability
- Superb chemical resistance - better than most plastics
- Food gradable
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Polycarbonate - 200 times stronger than glass, used for machine guards, safety enclosures and IP65 rated fire proof components
- PVC - Flexible material and very cost effective, used for ticketing and card channels
- PETG - Good for machine guarding and fabrications requiring strength characteristics
- ABS - Cost effective
- HIPS - Cost effective and low weight
Search this site | Contact Us
All content © Luminati Waycon